By Astrid Carvel
BASIC MANIFESTATION STEPS
If you’re a beginner, it might help to think of a manifestation (that is, the act of manifesting one individual thing) in five main steps:
- Choose what you want to manifest
- Visualize and/or script your desires
- Identify and remove obstacles (also known as manifestation blocks)
- Take action
- Acknowledge and be grateful
Usually a manifestation session will be concerned with step two: visualization and scripting. You will already have chosen what to manifest when you sit down for a session, and during this time you will visualize your goal and send a strong message to the universe using any number of techniques. Over time you will develop your own personal preferences, such as using sounds, scents, candles or other aids. And that’s all there is to it.
Practitioners of manifestation often use many different words and terms, and it isn’t always obvious what they mean. This list of commonly used terms will help.
- Scripting is any manifestation technique that involves writing down your manifestations. It’s very popular on social media. Scripting methods mostly require you to write in the present or past tense, as though you have already achieved your desired outcome.
- Frequency is the rate at which energy vibrates, but the term is also used to refer to sounds that have a specific frequency to aid manifestation. For example, the “love” frequency is 528 Hz, and listening to this while manifesting a relationship will help send a stronger message to the universe.
- Creative visualization is the process of conjuring strong mental imagery of what you’re trying to manifest, including what it looks, sounds, smells, tastes and feels like. This helps you experience the emotions of having achieved your goal, bringing your
frequency and energy in line with what you’re trying to attract.
- Affirmations are short positive mantras that you can repeat to yourself in order to reprogramme your subconscious and gradually change your mindset.
- Manifestation blocks refer to anything that prevents or obstructs you from manifesting successfully. They include (but are not limited to) negative beliefs or mindset, toxic people and relationships, wrong timing and bad habits.
- An angel number is a set of repeated digits (for example 111, 222 or 333) that keeps appearing in a person’s life. If you keep noticing the same number over and over, this could be your angel number. The different numbers mean different things but they are all messages from the universe, like an angel watching over or guiding you.
- “Ask, believe, receive” is a phrase popularized in The Secret which is shorthand for the process of attracting your desires through manifestation and the law of attraction.
- “Ask the universe” refers to the first step of “ask, believe, receive”: sending a clear message, through visualization, scripting or another method, to the universe about what you want.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
You don’t need much to begin manifesting – just a quiet space for carrying out your sessions. But as manifestation becomes an integrated aspect of your life, you might want to invest in some supplies.
- Journal and pen: These are essential for any scripting technique, as you are required to write your manifestations down. Choose a journal that fills you with positive energy and inspiration, or decorate it yourself.
- Candles and scents: These can aid with your energy and focus, as well as creating an attractive manifestation space where you want to spend time.
- Headphones or speakers: If you use sound frequencies during your manifestation sessions, you’ll need some way of playing them. Pick headphones for true immersion.
- Crystals: The vibrations of different crystals can amplify your own energy, making them excellent aids for manifestation.
- Sage: Burning a sage smudge stick cleanses your home of negative energy. Just make sure you keep the windows open, and don’t burn sage if you have children or pets in the house, as inhaling the smoke can be harmful if not done correctly.
THE RIGHT MINDSET
It’s not just about getting some cool gear (although we all still love that back-to-school new-stationery feeling); what’s more important for successful manifestation is cultivating the right mindset. Ensure that you are working to foster these attributes as you embark on your manifestation journey.
- Positivity: It’s crucial that you maintain a positive mindset when you are manifesting, and throughout your life in general. Remember, positive things are attracted to positive energy, and negative things to negative energy. Make sure that you’re only welcoming good things into your life by thinking and behaving positively. Good vibes only!
- Belief: If you don’t truly believe that you have the power to manifest your reality, then it won’t work! That’s because not having faith in what you’re doing will lower your vibration, meaning your energy isn’t aligned with the energy of what you’re trying to
manifest. So it’s worth investing some time to ensure that low confidence, self-doubt or scepticism don’t stand between you and achieving your goals.
- Patience: If you’re manifesting a career or your soulmate, don’t be surprised when it doesn’t happen instantly. While it is possible to manifest some smaller things (a phone call, a £50 gift) overnight, achieving your biggest goals through manifestation takes time, so you need to be patient. Look out for signs from the universe and be ready to jump on opportunities that might bring you closer to your goal.
- Willingness: To manifest anything, you must be willing to put in the effort and take action. The universe has heard you and is working for you, but you have to hold up your side of the bargain. If you’re not prepared to work hard for your dreams, you’re saying that you don’t really want them that much. So why should the universe help you? You should also be willing to accept gifts from the universe, even if they are not quite what you were expecting. Trust, show willing, and you will soon be on the path to success.
MEET THE AUTHOR
ASTRID CARVEL is a white witch based in Sussex, who enjoys reading literature on Wicca in her spare time. She is also the author of the best-selling The Little Book of Crystals and The Little Book of Spells.
THE LITTLE BOOK OF MANIFESTATION: A BEGINNER’S GUIDE TO MANIFESTING YOUR DREAMS AND DESIRES BY ASTRID CARVEL, published by Summersdale, paperback (128 pages).