Our Top-10 lists aim to represent a particular topic through the selected outstanding books, balancing classic texts and latest titles, popular books and less known must-reads. Here’s a selection on Healing from Watkins Books shelves:
1. Hands of Light by Barbara Ann Brennan £25.00 (online at £22.50).
This book has become the classic ‘scientific’ guide to working with human energy field. It’s the ultimate healers’ toolbox providing clear instructions for all types of hands-on energy work.
2. Anatomy of The Spirit by Caroline Myss £9.99 (online at £8.99)
A great guide to the body’s energetic system going through a detailed journey for each stage (chakra) of consciousness.
3. Energy Medicine by Donna Eden £20.00 (online at £18.00)
Full of practical tips for alternative therapies Energy Medicine covers the total health or our energy systems including meridians, touch-points and chakras.
4. Quantum Touch by Richard Gordon £18.99 (online at £17.09).
The powerful Quantum-Touch techniques teach us how to focus and amplify life-force energy by combining various breathing and body awareness exercises.
5. Wheels of Life by Anodea Judith £19.99 (online at £17.09).
This chakra healing manual is considered to be the definitive work on the subject. Each chapter covers a single chakra with its meaning, location, element, function, body parts, colour, mantra sound and religious deity.
6. Bodymind by Ken Dychtwald £13.50 (online at £12.15).
Dychtwald gives an amazing account of his exploration of various bodywork therapies. Written in an accessible autobiographical style, it’s essential reading for anyone interested in the arena of mind-body healing.
7. EFT In Your Pocket by Isy Grigg £5.50 (in-store only).
This concisely written gem of a pocket book contains all the necessary instructions on how to apply Gary Graig’s EFT technique.
8. Crystal Bible Vol 1 by Judy Hall £12.99.
A million copy best seller! The crystal bible covers the practical and esoteric properties of each stone, including spiritual, mental, psychological, emotional and physical effects, plus its use in crystal healing. (A follow up Vol 2 is also available at £12.99).
9. Hidden Messages In Water by Masuru Emoto £7.99
This beautifully illustrated best selling book contains an eye-opening theory of how water can absorb, hold on to and even retransmit human feelings and emotions. (The follow-up, True Power of Water is available online)
10. Cure For All Diseases by Dr. Hulda Clark £14.50 (online at £16.65).
Dr. Clark explains the causes of both common and extraordinary diseases and gives specific instruction for their cure through natural remedies and an electrical device you can build at home.